Cycle through Madison Bike Week events
MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) – Madison Bike Week begins Sunday with a full slate of events for cyclists to take part in.
Organizers say there is something for cycling pros and those still on their training wheels.
Madison Bikes board member Robbie Webber says the goal is to celebrate cycling of all kinds and promote the use of bicycles as a mode of transportation.
Starting Monday morning, there will be a series of bike stops set up along trails and trails throughout the Dane County area. Cyclists are welcome to stop for a snack or a bike safety check.
Here is a list of other events taking place the week of June 5-11:
- Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. – Walk with the Mayor
- Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway will lead a short downtown bike ride from the Madison Municipal Building. The Madison Common Council will also have a resolution honoring Bike Week on Tuesday night.
- Thursday, 4:30 p.m. – Madison BCycle Art Launch
- Madison BCycle will launch the 16 new Art Bikes at the Garver Feed Bill. The bikes were designed by local artists to support local nonprofits.
- Friday, 5:00 p.m. – Bike Week Party
- A weekend party will be held at Brittingham Park to celebrate the success of Bike Week. Community organizations are encouraged to come together and take advantage of the food vendors involved in the city’s Carts in the Parks program.
For a full list of events, click HERE.
Copyright 2022 WMTV. All rights reserved.