Virtual Marianarchy XVII, featured in last week’s Chronicle of Events, continues this weekend to benefit local theater groups, and other fall events – from food festivals to events beneficial to charitable organizations. local nonprofits – fill out the calendar. Here are five events taking place this week in the region. To find out more, be sure to check out our calendar of events.
As usual, please consult with event organizers to verify event details and COVID-19 restrictions.
- Hauntober in Virginia City. Otherworldly “haunts” exist as Virginia City celebrates its history and offers a month of ghost experiences. Feel the cold with Bats in the Belfry Ghost Tours or hop aboard the V&T Railroad Pumpkin Patch train. Link for information.
- Coffee and Conversa. Practice your Spanish by discussing topical topics and issues affecting the Latin American community and Latin America. Join faculty and students from across campus for this hour-long meeting, every Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Linn Reading Room at UNR’s Reynolds School of Journalism. Link for information.
- Live Jazz at the Laughing Planet Café, on the UNR website. The Laughing Planet, UNR Jazz and KWNK Radio will host jazz concerts every Wednesday featuring local jazz artists and UNR jazz students. Link for information.
- Reno Wine Walk along the Truckee River. Organized every third Saturday of the month from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. by the Riverwalk Merchants Association. This is the original (and still considered the best!) Along the Truckee River and surrounding streets in downtown Reno. Link for information.
- Reno Sparks CROP Hunger Walk. The Reno-Sparks CROP Hunger Walk is celebrating its 30th consecutive year of walking. CROP Hunger Walks supports Church World Service’s international relief and development work and this year benefits the Northern Nevada Food Bank, Eddy House and Ridge House. Link for information.
This Is Reno has been your source for independent and award-winning Reno online news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.