KALAMAZOO, MI – All Kalamazoo Public Library locations reopened for in-person services on Tuesday, June 1, the library system said in a press release.
The collection service will still be offered to customers who prefer their items to be delivered outside, the organization said on June 1.
KPL’s hours of operation, by location, are:
- Central Library and Oshtemo Branch: Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Alma Powell, Eastwood and Washington Square branches: Monday to Friday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All pitches are closed on Sundays.
- The Friends bookstore will reopen on Thursday June 3, with opening hours Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Additional services that will be back on June 1 include:
- Magazines and newspapers
- Traffic technology, including iPads and Chromebooks
- Video games in the Teen area of the Central Library
- Study rooms will be available
- Virtual programming will continue for all ages
- A collection service will be available at all locations
All Kalamazoo Public Library locations follow warrants issued by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA), the press release said.
Masks are required to enter all KPL locations with the following exceptions:
- The client is fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus
- The boss has a medical exemption that prevents him from wearing a mask
- The boss is less than two years old
- Masks will be available at all locations for guest needs
- Meeting spaces will not be available for reservation until further notice
- In-person programming will be suspended until further notice
- All KPL sites will accommodate clients in the library up to 50% of the building capacity
June 1 is also the first day to register for the KPL summer reading challenge. Game boards are available in the summer issue of PRISM and additional copies can be picked up from KPL stores from June 1 or printed here.
Black Wall Street among owners of revitalized Washington Square properties
25 people infected in 11 new coronavirus outbreaks in Michigan schools, according to June 1 report
Judge to assess publication of exhibits in Gov. Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot