MORGANTOWN – Morgantown Public Library System is launching its own app. Available for Apple and Android devices, this new app makes it easy to renew, keep and find books right from your phone.
- Switch between accounts to keep track of multiple family members
- View current checkouts and renew items
- Receive push notifications on your account
- Browse the catalog in an easier mobile viewing mode
- Put items on hold
- Consult the library calendar
- Access digital resources, such as hoopla, Libby by Overdrive, and HeritageQuest
- Get directions and check library opening hours
This application is a response to patrons who increasingly use their mobile devices to access the library’s website and digital library.
“We are always looking for ways to improve the user experience. After all, we want to make it as easy as possible for customers to borrow our equipment, ”said Corina Chang, Marketing Manager.
By providing a mobile solution for users on the go, library staff hope to better serve their community by making it easier to put a book on hold, attend a library event, or access an online resource, such as an ebook or audiobook.
You can download the app through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store by searching for “Morgantown Public Library”.
To incentivize more app downloads, over the next six weeks, the library will be offering “resting book face” stickers and enamel pins for each app downloaded (while supplies last). More information on the offer: https://www.mympls.org/app/bookface/
Follow the library on Facebook @MorgantownPublicLibrary or visit www.mympls.org.
Morgantown’s public library system serves over 100,000 residents living in Monongalia County. The library, its four branches and its local history center strive to provide free and open access to information, resources and experiences through its four core values: service, learning, stories and inclusion.
- Main branch of the Morgantown Public Library. 373 Spruce Street, Morgantown
- Arnettsville Public Library, 4120 Fairmont Road, Morgantown
- Cheat Zone Public Library. 121 Crosby Road, Morgantown
- Clay-Battelle Public Library, 6059 Mason-Dixon Highway, Blacksville
- Clinton District Public Library, 2005 Grafton Road, Morgantown
- Aull Local History Center, 351 Spruce Street, Morgantown